I have to admit, the hardest part about blogging for me is getting past what I think in my head of how my blog should look or what types of posts I should be posting. I forget that my favorite bloggers are the ones who are authentic and don’t worry about having the perfect post. I realized this week that this is the reason why I don’t blog that much. I don’t want it to be that way. I want this to be a place where we can all show up and be real with each other and I don’t want to be afraid to share with you what’s going on in my life because it’s not going to be the “right” post. I realize now how silly that is. I would love to start blogging more regularly so that’s my plan – with no strings attached. I plan to post about whatever my heart desires because this is my space where I get to share my life with whoever may be reading. I’d like to document what’s going on in my life better so I have it to look back on over the years too.
So with all of that out of the way now, I’d like to reintroduce myself. Hi. My name is Ashley Zinhobl. I am a newlywed and married my best friend on May 22nd of this year. Life has been pretty much a whirlwind since then but I still can’t believe that God has allowed so much goodness in my life. I really want to share my wedding pictures and actually my engagement story as well, I realize I never did that. I also would like to share with you guys about our honeymoon too. In the coming weeks that is my intention. But for tonight I’ll wrap this post up with sharing 10 things that make me happy. Because that’s easy and who doesn’t like thinking about things that make them happy?
- Weekends with absolutely zero plans and commitments where I can lounge around for a full day and relax, and also have a full day to catch up on errands and cleaning and whatever else I feel like doing.
- Enjoying a delicious cup of coffee made by my husband, he always makes the best ones. Wouldn’t hurt to have a breakfast sandwich in there either. Yum.
- Holidays off of work, time to spend with friends and family.
- Changing of seasons, I love the newness to life that the new season brings and the motivation to get my life back on track with the things that I’ve let fall out of place.
- A perfect sunny beach day, complete with that feeling of warmth you still feel when you lay down at night.
- Following a recipe that comes out just perfect.
- Surprising my husband with something I know he really wanted.
- Those moments where everything connects and you really feel like God is there with you and for you.
- Working on a craft, there’s just such a peace to it that I don’t seem to find anywhere else.
- Being in the very middle of a really good book where you feel like you’ve entered into a different world.
I’m sure I could keep going but I’m old and apparently get tired at 9:30 on a Friday night now. What makes you happy? I’d seriously love to know.