Okay, okay, I know I’m off to a bad start but I promise I had good intentions to write every day. But the beach is very tiring and distracting so I was basically set up to fail haha. But today I’m going to make up for it and do TWO days worth of posts! 🙂 (Mostly because it’s super windy, cloudy, and cold today but that’s besides the point 😉 ).
Toady’s prompt is to: “Share a list of your current goals.” It’s been a while since I’ve shared any goals on here so I why not start back up now?
1. No credit cards. I’ve been making monthly budgets for almost a year now and last month decided I was going to not allow myself to use my credit cards and I did really well so I decided I’m going to keep that up this month.
2. Speaking of budgets – I want to stick to my budget this month. I usually do pretty well but I lost track of the spending on about the third week of the month. I want to try to use the envelope system and put cash in envelopes and only use that money for what it was budgeted for.
3. Spend as much time outside in the sun while it is still warm. Tommy and I started going down the shore about a month ago and want to make up for all the time we didn’t spend at the beach and in the sun in the beginning of the summer so while we still can we plan on spending most of our free time in the sun. 🙂
4. Spend more time with God reading His word. The past two weeks have been rough for me when it comes to being consistent with reading my bible. I want to spend more time this month being consistent with this again. I know how important it is for my sanity to do this – to remind myself daily that I am not in control of this crazy life, but that God is. I also know that this important for my sanctification because God uses this time to transform my desires into more pleasing ones to Him and I know I desperately need that as well.
5. Less Netflix, more Reading. Enough said.