Happy Friday friends! Today is a very exciting day because I was nominated for The Liebster Award by Ivy from ivyneal.com! Basically what this is, is an award given from one blogger to a few others. This helps grow readership and helps you to get to know the authors behind the blog a little bit better. I am so honored to be nominated for this award! Thanks so much Ivy!
1. On your blog, thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
2. Link back to the blogger that awarded you.
3. Upload the award to your blog. This can be done by writing a post about the award, and uploading the award image in your sidebar.
4. Answer the questions you have been asked by your nominator in a blog post so we can get to know you better.
5. Nominate 5 blogs with less than 200 followers, that you believe deserve to receive this award.
6. Notify the owners of those 5 blogs that you’ve nominated them so they can accept their award. Bloggers can be nominated more than once, giving their readers more chances to learn more about them.
My Questions From Ivy
1 | What made you start your blog?
About two years ago I was bored at work and googling different things about getting married (I wasn’t even engaged yet) and kept coming across all of these websites that seemed to be written by girls my age or a little older. I dove head-first into reading all of their posts and loved the idea of sharing your life with a group of friends online. So I decided to do the same and in June 2015 when I started this blog. I wanted it to be a place where others were pointed towards Jesus’s love through my life so that’s why I named it Set My Heart On You.
2 | What’s your favorite holiday, and why?
Christmas is definitely my favorite for a few reasons. The obvious, it’s about celebrating Jesus’s birth so I obviously love that. I also love buying presents for others. I love just the feeling in the air surrounding Christmas too and I absolutely adore Christmas music. What’s not to love?!
3 | Where do you get ideas for writing?
Most of the time I just get them from every day life. If I’m going through something I love to write about it. Sometimes it’s from something I learned from reading my Bible or doing a devotional. Other times I like an idea that another blogger wrote about so I borrow their idea. 🙂
4 | What’s your favorite way to relax?
I hate that this is my answer but I love binge watching Netflix with my husband. I just love how you can just check out completely, which is super relaxing to me. What I would want my answer to be (and I do also do this to relax too) is taking a bath and reading a book. I love doing that as well, I just wouldn’t say it’s my first pick.
5 | What inspires you to write?
Like I mentioned a little bit in the first question, I really want to be a light for Jesus. I want other’s to learn about his love through my writing. I also just love the connections blogging forms and being able to help other girls with something that I had walked through before them.
Leah from My Favorite Adventure
Victoria from Victoria Strader
Melissa from Melissa In The Making
Blair from Blair Blogs
Amanda from The Lady Okie
Go say hello to these wonderful bloggers – I’m sure you will love them! (PS I don’t know how many followers they have and probably have over 200 but oh well!)
- Why did you start blogging? Is it the same reason you still blog today?
- What are your favorite types of posts to write/read?
- What would your ideal job be if you could do absolutely anything?
- Where did you go for your favorite vacation? Why was it your favorite?
- What is your best blogging tip?
This was a little different today, but it was a lot of fun. I hope you enjoyed learning a little bit more about me! 🙂